Energy Saving Tips!
- Wash clothes in cold water to save $.
- Install a programmable thermostat to save on cooling and heating costs.
- Use window coverings to regulate your homes temps with natural light/heat and shade to cool the home.
- Turn off all lights, appliances and electronics NOT in use. A power strip can be helpful to turn off multiple items at once.
- Change to new up-to-date light bulbs to reduce energy use and costs.
- Use the information on the Energy Star label to check costs/savings on appliances and fixtures, etc.
- Use low-flow controlled faucets and shower headsto save on water.
- Change filters regularly as recommended for the unit being used on such as furnace, dryer, and water filter, etc.
- Reduce water heater temperature to 130° Fto save energy
and money on heating water; and wrap the water storage tank with recommend materials.
- Seal air leaks and properly insulateon heating and cooling bills.