Safety Tips on Holiday Décor
No matter what you celebrate, the Holiday Season is upon us! 4 Sale Real Estate and Fieldstone Family Homes wants you to enjoy the Holidays safely!
To ensure a safe, happy and fun Holiday Season all the while enjoying Family and Friends, 4 Sale Real Estate has found some tips that will benefit you in this busy time.
- Use unbreakable ornaments and décor if possible and if you are not able to, keep them out of reach for your pets and kids
- Prevent any décor light damage by mounting safely with removeable clips or hooks
- Make sure when putting lights. Webs or décor above or away from normal reach, you use a safe ladder or step stool on a level or flat surface and fully locked/extended and have someone spot you if possible, family, friend or even a neighbor
- Make sure to turn off all electrical décor or put on a timer to avoid fires and place such items away from flammable items or things that can melt easily
- Check all electrical décor or light strings for wear and tear
- Keep candles on a level, fireproof, well supported base on your dining table, end tables, etc. and never leave burning candles unattended or when going to bed. This includes jack-o-lantern with lit candles, it can be windy out, leaves may blow by and bam, you have a fire!
- If you have a fireplace, DO NOT burn wrapping paper in it. Wrapping paper can ignite very quickly and has what you call a flash fire reaction. It’s best to recycle and reuse if possible
- If you choose to have live trees, keep away from heat sources and keep an extinguisher nearby. Needles and sap are highly flammable – Keep your live tree hydrated as well
- If you have fake trees or like tree décor in the home whether large or a centerpiece on the table, wreaths etc., make sure it is labeled fire resistant. This precaution could save you from a tragedy during the Holiday Season
- Keep walkways clear of cords, strings, décor and the like to avoid tripping and injury
Thanks for visiting our BLOG and enjoy your Holiday Season!